Checking out your old camp via the web? Whether you worked in the 40’s or 2012 or any place in between camp has likely made a positive impact on your life! The experience continues for many staff members today!
So, as an alumnus how can you stay involved?
- Join our e-newsletter mailing list. This will keep you in the loop of all of the latest things at camp.
- Do you know a dynamic, faith filled young person who might be a good fit to work in the camp environment? Encourage that person to apply to work at camp! We offer seasonal employment Summer Staff and Program Staff. Check out Employment Opportunities on this site for more information. A word or two from you might be the gentle push someone needs to apply for a camp job that will change their lives.
- Are you a teacher/leader of youth in your community? Consider using camp for your next outdoor education or spiritual retreat program! CYO Camp is the camp of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis! It is YOUR Catholic camp and we await your group with quality programs and staff. In addition, camp is the perfect place for your youth group to fulfill community service hours. Check it out!
- Are you a parent of a child in the Catholic schools? Encourage your child’s teachers and principal to consider camp for programs outside of the classroom. Camp’s school year programs are designed to work with teachers to compliment and match the curriculum being used in the classroom. Ask your child’s teacher today about a trip to camp for an outdoor education program!
- Do you know kids who would love a summer camp experience but cannot financially afford it? Consider donating to the Father John Elford Campership Fund!
- What else can you do? Even with the busy calendar at camp the staff stop often to pray and thank God for the many blessings of camp. As we embark on new seasons and new programs throughout the year it is important to the staff at CYO Camp to pray for continued success. We ask that you join us in that prayer. Let’s pray together that through our work at camp we are able to reach children and make a difference in their lives so that they are empowered to live in positive and productive ways.
We hope you find a way to be a part of today’s CYO Camp!